Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camping for Burt's Birthday

So... for Burt's birthday we went to see his family in Valdosta.
A nearby FL state park that we had wanted to check out was all booked but we found out that Moody AFB had a campground only 8 miles from his grandmother's place.
It has RV sites with 20 / 30 / 50 amp, water, sewer, (slow but free) wi- fi, and cable - all for $16 a night! (oh yeah, they have cheap cabins for rent too..) It was not very busy because it is restricted to military and DoD, but we can sponsor other people in. Sweet.
We will be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's good! I think I could have told you that if you asked me! I'm in the know about military anything to do with travel. I should be a travel agent! Haha! I'm glad you had fun! Can't wait to see you for the holidays!

Jeri said...

hehe.. I was not supprised that Moody had a campground, the surprising thing is that the campground is actually about 25 miles away from Moody AFB (not actually attached to the base like at Robins) and only 5 miles down the road from Burt's favorite grandmother who we usually stay with. (park the camper in her yard or sleep on the floor in the house) Moody is actually on the wrong side of Valdosta from his grandmother so it was just so nice to be so close, cheap, and have full hookups.

:-) Hey - Burt is going TDY next week out there by you. I need to call you about it. ;-) HUGS!!