Sunday, July 5, 2009

Meet Grover! (the new family member)

Ok, so I have not posted in a while.. a lot going on!

I snuck a new critter into the fish tank and this one is a silly, little, animated, and BLUE monster. So I named him Grover. Here he is being fearsome:

He is a Crayfish / Crawdad / Miniature Lobster. He has the two big pinching claws and 2 pair of teeny tiny claws on his next two sets of legs. He uses these to pick up food and it's kinda funny because I don't think he can see under there. He has two more pair of legs and he is missing a foot on one of them, but he sure is able to climb around just fine!

Grover is also up to some antics. I transferred one of the Lilly plants from the frog tank into the big tank. A few hours later he had dug it up and was riding around on it as it floated at the top of the tank!


According to http://www.bluecrayfish.com/ there are MANY species of blue Crayfish and apparently they can even be white.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Aww... Grover is Adorably cute... in that cantankerous ugly creature sort of way... *grins*

Chris said...

He's def a character! I loved watching him get all stingy with his food. Lol...